Sunday, March 18, 2012

Misses Textural Pocket Mini Skirt


I absolutely love looking at the styles at my favorite store in town. Sometimes when I browse through the store, I see so many things I like yet, they are pricey and they look simple to make that I thought I would try to make one of them for at least half the price. There is a textural pocket mini skirt there right now at the store ($54.50) in many bright colors just in time for Spring. So I went and got a pattern ($1.99 +tax), I had this bright green fabric (thanks Grandma!), a zipper ($.99 +tax) and some green thread to match ($2.27 + tax).


After a little sewing and a few days of working at it. I made my first skirt. It's not perfect, it's my first, but I am so anxious to make a few more in a few other colors for the upcoming seasons.




Now to make a matching top to go with it! I love it!

1 comment: