Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Butterfly Garden Dress




Here is the Garden Butterfly Dress I have been working on for Meredith for Easter. I do need to add the finishing touches. There will be a bright colored sash that goes around the waist to dress it up and then I will be making some matching butterfly clips that will attach to the dress. Then it will be complete. For now the size 6 fits her beautifully without any adjustments to be made. Of course, depending on the weather when Easter rolls around I may have to add a cardigan for warmth!



I am happy with how it turned out! Just the right amount of fullness in the skirt keeps it from blowing up in the breeze yet allow her to twirl like a princess!


The Back of the dress shows off the under layer and ruffle at the bottom nicely!

I can't wait to finish it entirely now. Then onto making a matching dress with the pink butterfly material for her little sister Evelyn in a size 18 month dress. I can't believe it's only the beginning of March and Meredith is able to wear this beautiful ensemble outside to have me photograph her!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Kari! And I have to say the model is pretty darn cute! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out wonderful Kari! You are so talented! Wish I could make things like this for my kids.

    ReplyDelete