Friday, March 9, 2012

Gratitude for SEW MUCH MORE



MY LUCKY DAY

While out for coffee with a fiend of mine, we went to a local sewing shop SEW MUCH MORE. As we perused her store for the perfect matching fabrics, there it was! The same exact butterfly fabric that was on the bodice of the dress in the photo I had from the magazine. The store owner, Valerie, was amazing and helpful with finding coordinating fabrics to go with it. She has such an great selection of beautiful fabrics from local artists and fabric designs. I wish I could have her whole wall of colors in my sewing room! They were all so beautiful to look at and so hard to choose just one!


Below are the fabrics I choose for our older daughters dress with hues of blue and greens. 


The pink butterfly and coordinating lime green hues are going to be made into the same style dress for our younger daughter to match her sister.


When both are finished I think the colors will be so bright and beautiful, both girls and dresses will be "equally cute"!

If you're in the Bloomington Normal area, you have to stop by and check out SEW MUCH MORE! It's an amazing store and she also has adorable modkid patterns made by Patty Young who lives here in Bloomington, IL too! (Her kids go to Fox Creek Elementary- where our son, Garrett goes to school)
Or check out her website: http://www.sewmuchmoretoday.com/

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Kari. What lovely things to say. I am so happy that you think the girls will be "equally cute". I, for one, can't wait to see your creations and really am impressed that you are going to create the dresses to match the photo in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, thank you for your comment on my blog. I had to link over and check you out. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. And I cannot agree more about Valerie and Sew Much More..... I think she knows more about me than I do! LOL! Feel free to email me at info@modkidboutique.com to set up a time to come by and get your book. :) Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete