Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Dress That Screams Summer and Fun!


After cutting out the pieces of fabric, laying them out, and studying the pattern carefully, I began to assemble my first creation! The dress flows beautifully and has little ruffled sleeves! On the lower tier of the dress there is an embroidered flower for detail! On the yoke of the dress is another flower emellishment! The embellishments on the dress is the part of the dress I enjoyed making the most! The hardest part was the finishing the yoke (nothing to do with an egg) of the dress at the top! And yes, there are some new terms in the world of sewing that I must get used to also.  All in all, it was a great accomplishment to finish my first creation! This is the first original Claire Reese!


Our daughter, Meredith, is the best little model to help me show this great dress off! When putting it on, she whirled and twirled in it! It truly is a dress that screams summer and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment